cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GrabCAD Workbench with Creo?

SOLVED
Level 1

GrabCAD Workbench with Creo?

Anyone using GrabCAD Workbench with multiple people with Creo?

Observations?

Cheers, Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: GrabCAD Workbench with Creo?

Hey Sean,

I know this thread is from April, but I thought I'd just give you an update on where Workbench is with CREO integration.

http://blog.grabcad.com/blog/2014/06/18/workbench-integration-ptc-creo-summer-2014-release/

Have a great weekend!

16 REPLIES 16

Hey Sean,

We have people using Creo with Workbench today. Based on customer requests we’ll soon be implementing special Pro E suffixes for people who want to take advantage of Workbench versioning.

I'll keep you updated when it's available.

Have a great day.

Bobby Riegel | GrabCAD

Sean,

Great news today!

We just delivered support for Pro/E with release 1.5 of the desktop client. Also supported are resumable uploads, where if someone's internet connection dies mid-upload, they don't have to start over once it's back.

You will need to download https://grabcad.com/downloadworkbench to see the changes, which takes about 45 seconds. We will enable auto-updates on Friday.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Bobby Riegel | GrabCAD

Highlighted

Cheers for the info Bobby but it still doesn't help us get your product to our students - your future customers. Look at Autodesks buisness model, they give us free access to their Vault PDM for as many students as we like, to them it's a lost leader, our students are the future decision makers in the design business (put Loughborough University in LinkedIn and see where they're at).

Give high profile universities free access to your tools and you are starting your sales campaign for future clients now.

There is also little advantage to this product to us as long as it has no check in/out functionality - we can't manage a project with multiple editable versions of a file existing,

Cheers, Sean

PS. the link in your message just takes me to a Solidworks client, no mention of 'ProE' - which has been called Creo for a few years now

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the feedback.

We currently offer Workbench for $10 for students, and have several universities as customers, but that price could very well change in the future.

Does Autodesk Vault let you manage non-autodesk files? Workbench can manage all CAD file formats, including the ability to check in and check out files with whatever CAD software you are using, and also allows you to easily share and collaborate externally outside your firewall.

Sorry I should have been more clear here as far as the link. The link is to download the desktop client, which allows you to sync and manage local Creo files directly with your Workbench projects.

Hope this hopes. If you have anymore questions definitely don't hesitiate to ask.

Bobby Riegel | GrabCAD

So as a school that would cost us $5000 dollars for our students - twice what we'd pay for full blown Windchill without the basic check in/out functionality.

Vault is integrated in Creo, Solidworks, MS Office and all the the Autodesk tools.

Sean

Hey Sean,

Glad everything is working out for your students using Vault.

I wasn't trying to get into a debate with you, I just wanted to help answer your original question about using Workbench with Creo.

Best of luck,

Bobby | GrabCAD

That's fine Bobby, it's a pity GrabCAD couldn't do the job for us as I like the product, being cloud based is particularly good for our students,

Cheers, Sean

Hey Sean,

I know this thread is from April, but I thought I'd just give you an update on where Workbench is with CREO integration.

http://blog.grabcad.com/blog/2014/06/18/workbench-integration-ptc-creo-summer-2014-release/

Have a great weekend!

Still no good to us Bobby until you get a decent pricing structure for education - remember these are your customers of the furture and most students will default to what they were taught at university!

Sean