cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Group operation

ptc-4374071
1-Newbie

Group operation

Hi,

some features can't be grouped (attached file), does anyone know why?

Regards, Saša

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

yes it is in assembly (some features have correlation with the other part). I can't group also Extrude 4 in 5.

Group_01.jpg

Hi,

I performed the save as but still I can not do the group operation. Do you think because the part is modeled in context (has references to the other part in assembly).

Regards, Saša

Group failures are sometimes due to references that are part of features that are not in the group. For example, external sketches can interfere.

The best method of determining this is to select items, such as the rounds, that will group, group them, and then try to drag other features into the group. I recall this gives more diagnostic information about why it won't group - such as "Can't group X without Y"

Hi,

grouped part of features and then tried to add the remaining features and I've got the below message.

Regards, Saša

Group_02.jpg

Try to open the main assembly and then activate the part, then try to group these feature.

Regards,

Jayanta Sarkar

Hi,

the problem was that I created this prat in another assembly and then used the save as function to create new parts and assembly. Some references were to the old assembly. So I needed to reopen the sketches which were referenced by the old parts (assembly).

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags