cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Hatching in detailed view

AnkurAggarwal
1-Newbie

Hatching in detailed view

HI all, I have a sectioned view (Full unfolded) - say right viw. Now I created a detailed view from that section view (from the area that has been unfolded). I have shown hatching in the right view. It reflects in the detailed view as well. I dont want to show hatching in the detailed view. Is there any way to do this? I tried to make the hatching of detailed view independent of parent view and then erase it, but that doesnt erase the hatching from detailed viw. Thanks, Ankur
4 REPLIES 4

You must make the hatching of detailed view independent of parent view and then #excl comp, #next, #excl comp until you have excluded the sections you want. Restore to restore sec.

Thanks, but I cud not see exclude comp option. I think that comes while u r working on assembly, but I m working on part drawing. I made it independent of parent view and clicked on erase. Once it erases hatching from the screen (in detailed view) but as I click on DONE, it again shows the hatching. The same happens if I increase the spacing b/w hatching lines.

You need to select the X-hatch and Edit>Properties or right mouse click>Properties. You should see a MOD XHATCH menu appear. You can then select the sections and exclude the components.

Oh, its a part drawing. Why didn't you say so. What version of Pro-E? In wf3 I think you have to make it a general/partial instead of detailed view. You can change it from detailed in the view properties, but not back to detailed again. Why do you want no section? it's not very correct according to "drawing rules"??
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags