cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Having trouble closing the welcome tab when opening parameteric

ptc-5124385
1-Newbie

Having trouble closing the welcome tab when opening parameteric

I just recently downloaded the student version of Creo Parametric 2.0. But when I open a model the welcome tab stays active and I can't see my model. If I click the close button on the welcome tab the tab just freezes. What do I need to get the welcome tab to close?

Creo.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jacob,

As Martin mentioned this issue looks to be related to graphics. You can try below steps to make it working.

1. Right Click on Shortcut icon for Creo > Properties

2. Move the cursor to right end in target and at the end add a space followed by -g:win32_gdi (e.g. "C:\PTC\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe" -g:win32_gdi)

3. Apply > Ok

4. Launch Creo 2.0

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jacob,

click the icon located in bottom left corner (2-nd one).

If you will see empty graphic window, then probably your graphic card is not the right one. Try to add the following option at the end of config.pro file and restart Creo.

graphics win32_gdi

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Jacob,

As Martin mentioned this issue looks to be related to graphics. You can try below steps to make it working.

1. Right Click on Shortcut icon for Creo > Properties

2. Move the cursor to right end in target and at the end add a space followed by -g:win32_gdi (e.g. "C:\PTC\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe" -g:win32_gdi)

3. Apply > Ok

4. Launch Creo 2.0

Good Luck.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags