cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Help annotating a drawing of a partfrom a STEP/.stp file

tbitman
3-Visitor

Help annotating a drawing of a partfrom a STEP/.stp file

Hello ptc community,

I'm new to CREO, please bear with me. I have been assigned the task of taking a file in 3D STEP format (.stp) and creating and engineering product drawing with appropriate annotations. 

If I attempt to create a drawing directly from the .stp file, the resulting drawing is completely blank. After doing some research, I learned that I needed to open the file as a part and manually assign a front face. Once I assigned a front face, I was able to create a drawing from the part and place the part onto the drawing. 

Here's the problem. When I attempt to add the necessary angle/length dimensions (Annotate --> Show Model Annotations) it states:

"No annotations can be shown in the current sheet/view for the selected objects" (see attached image)

How can I amend this? I appreciate any advice, thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:tbitman)

You have to manually create the dimensions for any imported body.

Shown dimensions are only available on a parametrically designed model done in Creo.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:tbitman)

You have to manually create the dimensions for any imported body.

Shown dimensions are only available on a parametrically designed model done in Creo.

Top Tags