cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Host ID?

ptc-5658608
1-Newbie

Host ID?

Good Morning, I'm a student at Texas A&M university/Galveston and I am taking a class on Creo Parametric (v1.0). I was told by the instructor I could go online and download a copy of the software to work with at home for the symester, as I live 40 min away. When trying to download I'm asked for the host ID??? not sure what that is, and no one here seems able to be able to help me with this. What now???

5 REPLIES 5

Good monring,

Try typing in the physical address of your LAN adaptor.

Good luck.

Are you talking about the physical address of the university? Or the address of where I will be using the software (my home)?

The location where the software is going to be installed.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-5658608)

Physical address of one of your network devices inside your computer, which ever one the software picks (some times this is weird).

This is also known as MAC address.

Hit Start, type CMD in the search window to open a command window. The type ipconfig /all and look for Physical Address. Usually it's the one in the list with a bunch of other lines of information and NOT one of the ones that looks like 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0 (meaning, ones with mostly zeroes is not what you want.).

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags