cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How can I make an assembly into Single Body by exporting Into .STEP File format

sundardannana
10-Marble

How can I make an assembly into Single Body by exporting Into .STEP File format

I want to Supply a step file of the model I have designed.  The assembly model has so many subcomponents.  I have exported a ".STEP" file.  I when I imported into creo or SolidWorks it showed all the components list in the model tree. So that he can open all the components individually. I don't want let he open all the components. See the below example.

So to want to make a single body from the assembly by exporting as ".STEP" so he can not open any subcomponents from the model tree.

step.PNG

Regards,

Sundar Dannana,

Mechanical Engineer.

Regards,
Sundar Dannana
Mechanical Engineer,
ExtruDesign.com.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4

Thank You @dschenken

The first link helped me.

Open the *.stp file with assembly mode, save the assembly as *.igs file, open the *.igs file with the part mode.

All assembly parts "merged" into one part.

Regards,
Sundar Dannana
Mechanical Engineer,
ExtruDesign.com.

I would suggest a two step process where you first create a part from your assembly using either a shrinkwrap or merge operation, and then you export that part to a step file.

Sundar,

You can use hidden config option intf3d_in_as_part as yes. For information working with hidden option may output some unwanted results. 

Top Tags