cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How do you make an overlay in Creo?

jjimenez
1-Newbie

How do you make an overlay in Creo?

How do you make an overlay in Creo? I'm converting from one system to another and the Creo asm has some compo

nents that are out of place, I thought that if I can make an overlay I can find out where those components go.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jjimenez)

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want to compare an old revision?

I'm working on an asm that was converted from a catia model. However in the converting process some of the components in the Creo model are out of place. Is there a way to make an overlay so I can see where those componets in the Catia model are, so that I can move them in the Creo model to the correct position?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Makes sense now.

If you still have access to the catia models, you could make a step file (or iges or ???) and import that. Not sure how that would be better than just looking at the catia model to find the parts.

Thanks Steve!....(or do you prefer Sephen?) right now I've got a section and cutting thru both the Creo model and also the Catia model and trying to locate the components that are out of place.See on the catia model I can find out what tha the part is , so that way I can look for it on the Creo model. But I also did a bom compare and it looks like the Creo BOM has a lot more components. So I think I have to check with the Engineer. Thank you anyway Steve!

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Sounds like you have more problems than just component position!! Good luck with that.  Steve or Stephen, I answer to both...and some other choice names when I've screwed up!!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags