cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How is Creo 4 transition going?

pimm
14-Alexandrite

How is Creo 4 transition going?

I have Creo 4 installed and have looked at a few things but haven't yet been brave enough to lose reverting back to Creo 3 if things have gone south.

For those brave enough to dive in how is the experience going?  Have you ran into any crippling bugs?

From what I've seen so far it is looking somewhat promising.  I like some of the changes in the sketcher and I like the ability to extrude starting from somewhere besides the starting plane.

9 REPLIES 9
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:pimm)

As Ben stated over here most people wait until several datecode releases to transition. I don't think you are going to find many people that use the F000 release in a production environment.

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

I've switched ahead of rest of my company to make new settings for it when we all switch. So far few bugs mostly in drawing mode:

• Sketcher in drawing seems bugged when finished selecting references you cant draw anything because middle click kills it off  so you must after selecting references  again click on  line or what ever you tried to draw to accept those.
  • Selecting multiple references for note and trying to type in note most of time kills it for no aparent reason.  i must make note with single reference and type it in then add  so more references.
  • Flipping arrows with right click still buggy since 3.0
  • Editing U bends (180degree) seems problematic using flexible currently in sheetmetal.
  • In modeling Creo now rounds off dimensions which was anoying as hell till I`ve changed config option.

On bright side dimension properties tab is great. no more right click to change properties.

Bunch of really useful stuff added: Sketch plane slice model, new constraint symbols and snaping in sketcher, mirroring comp./assembly, material change for componets from assembly tree, extrude enhanced...

Sheetmetal has flexibile modeling which is awsome if you import sheetmetal parts from other software. Also speeds up changes. No more editing bend by bend. you can pull bunch of bends at a time.

Seems PTC stoped selling us their "vision" with this release and just gave us what we needed.

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:DavorGranic)

Thank you Davor,

Overall things appear to be moving in a good direction.

That's great that mirroring components was improved.

I was also quite pleased to discover the plane slice in sketcher which makes the sketch environment so much clearer.

I haven't put it through the paces on simple angled shapes I've seen that you can add and modify rounds within a sketch without the shape coming unglued!

Personally I'm glad to see that much needed time was spent on lower end features as this is where our time was lost continually.

I also am anxious though to see the improvements with MBD.

MauroStefanovic
4-Participant

I don't find Sketch plane slice model. Can you post some info about that?

Here`s how it works:

1.jpg

pimm
14-Alexandrite

That certainly would be helpful; especially in understanding some to the new features better.

tivancso
14-Alexandrite

Hello All,

Being new to the Creo Parametric world, is there a document that states what is new or changed in Creo 4 compared to Creo 3?

Thank you.

Regards,

Thom

pimm
14-Alexandrite

Today is the release date for Creo 4 M010.

Since this is now off the "F" release I'd like to give this a good try.

I'm seeing the below message.

Creo not found.JPG

Has anyone else been able to download M010?

GaryLinscheid
15-Moonstone

It's just because PTC is in the process of uploading the files.  Wait a few minutes and it should be available.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags