cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to Change Construction Mode Line Style

dblaess
8-Gravel

How to Change Construction Mode Line Style

When sketching, especially with a shaded model, it is very difficult to see construction lines. Any of the three line styles would be better, but I cannot find where to set the "construction mode" line style.

line_styles.jpg

Is it possible to change the line style of the default (dotfont) or make a new style the default.

I have been doing a lot of searching in the help file and have found little.

It seems to be possible to change the line style for geometry entities, but I cannot find anything for the construction entities (other than color).

Thanks!

Don

5 REPLIES 5

I also would like to change this. The line style makes it very difficult to see contruction lines in sketcher when the construction line overlaps other lines. The line style that wildfire 5 had was much easier to see.

James,

If I understand that article, it is instructing to:

create the construction geometry

right click

change properties

This would be fine if it was one instance that caused an issue, but I want construction geometry to always be a different font, color, or weight.

Preselection of construction geometery is very difficult to see. Maybe I will try changing my preselection color.

JamesBurcham
4-Participant
(To:dblaess)

I think this part of the artical is how you would set it as default. I've never tried this so I don't know how it works.

Create a system color file (extension *.scl) containing line below :

USE_PRE_WILDFIRE_ENTITY_COLOR YES

• Set in config.pro the option "system_colors_file" pointing to this system color file

Setting that option in the scl file makes the construction geometry phantomfont. It would appear that there isn't a lot of options between dotfont and phantomfont.

I have changed colors which helps a little, but ideally I would like the line weight (at least for pre-selection) to be a bit heavier.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags