cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to clear the audit trail history on the model.

HarikrishnanR
3-Visitor

How to clear the audit trail history on the model.

Dear All,

May I know how to clear the Audit trail history from the model?

Thanks,

Hari

35 REPLIES 35
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:jwagh)

I find it very annoying that files keep growing is size even if you remove stuff. So this is a nice option.

I don't borrow other people's files or reuse them as my own. If you really get down to it, anything you "reverse engineer" for making a complete model, even though it is a purchased part could be construed as infringement if you copy too much detail. If you -intend- to do fraud, you know it. Otherwise, you could simply get caught in a web no matter how hard you try. I think not saving file history data is the least of my concerns.

I do wish we could still see the full audit trail in the files though.

That was a -good- bug in the early Creo 2.0 releases.

jwagh
17-Peridot
(To:TomD.inPDX)

What I mean by legal is:

1) Someone may steal your model and you can't prove it is yours.

2) You may need to prove during a patent suit exactly when your design was started.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:jwagh)

Good way to look at it. I still use logbooks where my ideas are typically formulated before I ever put them to CAD. They coincide with recorded time periods when work commences.

People have to be really lazy to use someone else's design verbatim. And even then, it has to be an idea that can be protected.

So yes, of course there is some use to the history and you will have it in your development models. But if you have a base part that you want to use for something else several years later, why carry the history from the previous efforts when you copy it?

I did say before that I now start every project with new Empty parts and assemblies, right?

No known issues from functionality point of view, however it is a hidden option and may lead to some unknown issues as it is not completely tested. “Legal” may one the points as mentioned by Dan.

Hi

Is there any option to clear to message log ?

Regards

rfredo
4-Participant
(To:Gagan)

no..There is an option to save as and select but we can not clear message log

Top Tags