cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to create a heel (lady shoe)

ptc-2382303
1-Newbie

How to create a heel (lady shoe)

Hi, I am trying to create a hell like those on lady shoes (stiletto heel). But I don't know how to extrude it like a cone. If somebody is able to make one and to send me a sample file with some explanation it could help...
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
(To:ptc-2382303)

You will need to use the loft command (click first on the freeform icon) You need to create a series of workplanes that will describe the 2D cross section of the heel (a minimum of 2 workplanes, one at the top of the heel and one at the bottom) The 2D geometry on each workplane must have the exact same number of verticies. Then you create a matchline between matching points on the workplanes and use the ""loft add"" command to complete the action. I suggest you open the ""loft add"" command and click on the question mark. The help files will provide additional information.
ptc-2382303
1-Newbie
(To:)

Great! I had created two workplanes but disn't find how to link them. And if I want to have different faces (like the one of the photo)?

See the attached pictures. I first create my 3 workplanes as shown with the different sized geometry on each one. Important, there are the same number of vertices on all 3 workplanes as Mike stated before. In the freeform menu, I then selected ""create ml"" and created the matchline (needed to guide the loft). As you can see, I select the front right corner on all workplanes. Once his was done, I lofted it and got the results in the second picture.

Dear sir. When i want to change the shape, is there any kind of way for it? Now I start it with the beginning.
Not applicable
(To:ptc-2274129)

Many of the techniques needed to modify surfaces require the advanced surfacing module that is not part of the Modeling PE install. So, it is best to make changes to your workplane profiles and use the preview command. You may need to add or remove profiles in order to best define your surfaces. For more control over your final shape, you can also define tangencies within the workplane set, then adjust the tangency weight as needed. Use the preview command to see if it looks before you finish the command
ptc-2274129
1-Newbie
(To:)

Thank you for the quick reply. I have solved the question. But I have to try how to use tangencies . :laugh:
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags