cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo Agent Issue

gdyal
1-Newbie

Creo Agent Issue

I am prompted with "creo agent did not initialize correctly" on every startup and I can't use Windchill. I am a student using an academic liscense of Creo. I've had this problem ever since upgrading from 3.0 to 4.0 M030

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
nrollins
1-Newbie
(To:gdyal)

Hi Gary,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post this.  I sure wish it could help me.  I am on WF5 for this project and I have a simple library part that was d/l'd from McMaster.  The .sat was imported into a library start part and saved/checked in without modifying the parameters "Description" and "Vendor_No" - this is devastating in that a $400 air cylinder now shows up in the BOM as a #6-32 screw.  So, a simple fix of modifying the parameters is now not possible?  How can this be?  What if my parameter defines geometry (e.g "rib_spacing" or something) and that changes...  Why does WC lock this down? 

I set the hidden config option you cite and Pro/E takes it, but it does not unlock the params.  Maybe there's another reason they are locked?

I did a backup of the part onto desktop and killed the server.  That allowed me to update the params, then I restarted WC and saved.  I THINK this worked, but what a pita.

Is this really intended functionality?

Thanks,

-Nate

Does your Creo read in an option from config.sup that prevents you from changing this setting?

It sounds like your library start part might have designated parameters linked to Windchill attributes.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
cgoshorn3
6-Contributor
(To:gdyal)

I have made this change, but, upon exiting CREO 3.0 and restarting the pc or just CREO, this changes back to the default config file, without that parameter. how can it be changed permanently?

Also, what my object is , is to have a "Revision" note appear at the top of the open madel/assy/prt, indicatin gthe rev, (in the meta data), I can get it to change in a copied file and it keeps the parameter, but, upon exiting and restarting or re-opening the file, that note is not there, the parameter is, but not the note.

Any ideas?

Thanks

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:cgoshorn3)

Do you have write access to the system wide config.pro and did you save the change?

You might be better off adding that line to a local config.pro, in your start-in folder, so you know it is saved and it only affects the work you are doing.

Top Tags