cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to insert one drawing into other drawing with drawing format ?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

How to insert one drawing into other drawing with drawing format ?

Hi,

We want to insert one supplier drawing to our standard drawing template. Supplier provided creo drawing with its dependent model and format (.frm), So i want to know, how we can import complete drawing sheet with its dependent model and format to our standard template.

Regards,

Prashant Pandarkar

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ppandarkar-2)

I can't think of a way to do it when you include the requirement to keep their format. That would seem to be the problem.

Too make it look the same, I would import the model from the other drawing but I would use an export/import function such as DXF to bring the format information over.

If "Overlay" is still in the Drawing module in versions higher than Creo 2, try that. I am not sure how much functionality you are looking for but this might be a good compromise.

We tried with overlay command but with this it is not possible to edit or modify drawing view as per owning CAD.

-Prashant Pandarkar

The way I read and understood your original post was you want to have a drawing consisting of your company format/requirements with your suppliers drawing but keep them associative.

You can do this by:

1. Keep the two original drawings as they are. I assume they are the release data.

2. Create a new drawing that is empty, no format

3. Overlay both your company drawing and the supplier drawing in the new drawing.

4. Use "Sheet Set Up" to turn off the display of the format in the drawing you do not want see the format.

This method keeps the original drawings native and associate. Changes made to the original drawings are possible and will be seen and associative in the new drawing. Essentially you are making a composite drawing.

If this is still confusing let me know. I will create an example and post it on the forum.

Your question is ambiguous.

Do you want to have your own drawing, with your own format, displaying your supplier's completed drawing on your sheet?

Perhaps you could make a pdf or dxf of your supplier's drawing and import that into your own drawing sheet.

Or perhaps you could call out your supplier's drawing in your BOM instead?

Top Tags