cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to obtain maintenance release's

jdoe
1-Newbie

How to obtain maintenance release's

I put a thread up about a third party plug that requires datecode U550, I'm running F000. I have no idea how to get maintenance upgrades. Any help on this subject would really help. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:jdoe)

Hi,

You have to go on PTC website in the support part :

Then you get on a new page where you can download updates :

Everything is in french for me, but I suppose that in English it should look the same.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hi John,

Here is a direct link for "PTC Software Download" section on PTC's site: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/index.jsp

To see this page, customer must have 1.] active Global Support contract and 2.] user account created.

Martin Hanák
gkoch
1-Newbie

Hello John,

The hints with the software download page and the need to have a log account are valid.

But I am a little concerned about the datecode you named: U550

Datecodes with U### are internal builds with the U standing for "unreleased"

The other datecodes we use, are B### for beta-releases, C### for pre-production releases (don't ask me for the difference between both!), F000 for the first customer release and M### for maintenance releases.

Either this third-party has been provided with an internal build for testing or the number is a not referring to a Creo Parametric version.

If we talk about Creo Parametric 3.0, there has been a U550 build created, shortly before releasing F000.

This should mean F000 would be OK as well, as it is newer than U550.

Otherwise the third-party would have to take care of this (approach PTC), as the U550 has never been released and hence is not available for customers (most likely it is not even available internally anymore).

Thanks,

Gunter

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags