cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to set envelope dimension to visible portion only (hide in layers should not consider)?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

How to set envelope dimension to visible portion only (hide in layers should not consider)?

Hi,

Currently, while calculating envelope dimension, creo considered all portion of components in assembly.

But i want to know how to find envelope dimension for visible components only (if unwanted components are hide in layer). So the parts which are hide in layer should not consider to calculate envelope dim.

Is there any config option or else workaround?

Regards,

Prashant Pandarkar

7 REPLIES 7
RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite
(To:ppandarkar-2)

Hi, Don't hide in layer as they are still present. Create a simplified rep and exclude the parts you don't need. This should give you new envelope

Okay.

That i will check and update.

Regards,

Prashant Pandarkar

Currently, i tried for part and excluded some feature (curve) and created one new simplified rep and activated. In this curve feature comes in inactive mode but showing same envelope dimension as earlier (with considered curve area).

Might be doing some wrong process but not getting achieved this.

- Prashant Pandarkar

I have not tested this but logic tells me you need to suppress the components you wish to ignore in the calculation.

Alternatively, you may be able to use family tables for this.  Simplified reps?

You will have to test these options for your particular use-case. 

I suspect you will find reasonable alternatives to layers and visibility.

Suppress might not work, as we already having a check to catch suppress component in model before it goes to PLM.

So might be another option like simplified rep is useful, will check that and update.

Regards,

Prashant Pandarkar

Is there any another solution to achieve this ?

- Prashant Pandarkar

Is this the envelope you are referring to: http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/#page/assembly%2Fasm%2Fasm_two_sub%2FAbout_the_Envelope_Definition_CC.html%23

It allows including and excluding items.

Top Tags