cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Image ON 3D Model

AraviK1
1-Newbie

Image ON 3D Model

How to place an Image On a 3D model.

Is there any option something related to do this?

Can any one help us?

AraviK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ravi,

you can insert image using Trace Sketch command. Unfortunatelly this command is "hidden" in Style feature. Try to open PTC Help for Wildfire 5.0 and look for Trace Sketch.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

That would be an appearance manager's Decal. A type of texture used by the render feature (colors with texture applied). I don't know if WF has this exactly the same, but you can apply an image to the color and then manipulate how it fits by editing the specific model appearance to scale it and orient it.texture_image.JPG

Hi Antonius Dirriwachter,

Acually my requirement is just wanted to insert an image on part file.

Just for tentative representation.

i tried so many ways. but its only coming in "drawing" module only. Not In "Modeling".

AraviK

Interesting, the forum date is either off or there is a significant delay in these postings.

To you question, yes, you can insert an image in your model on a datum plane. However, I am in Creo so it is hard to know where the menu picks are.

In Creo is it under the Render tab and then the Images icon. It opens the dialog for inserting, echoing on/off, and manipulating images.

To answer your question about the forum dates, it's because they were stuck in my moderation queue over the holiday weekend. Glad to see you're still able to help!

Thanks Ryan!

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:ryankelley)

...ya gotta keep 'em moderated.....

HEY!

I am working WF 5.0.

I was looking for Image insert option.

Ravi,

you can insert image using Trace Sketch command. Unfortunatelly this command is "hidden" in Style feature. Try to open PTC Help for Wildfire 5.0 and look for Trace Sketch.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags