cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

In comparing Pro/E to Solidworks I found something I really like in SW!

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

In comparing Pro/E to Solidworks I found something I really like in SW!

.....when I hit the little "X" box up in the far upper right corner, it closes very quickly! 

15 REPLIES 15

‌That just doesn't compare to "Creo has stopped responding." or "Fatal Error! Results being written to traceback.log file." The day just isn't fun if you don't get these multiple times a day.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:Kevin)

Actually, I've found SW more unstable.  It seems slower, and crashes easier, and I haven't done anything complicated yet.  What was causing creo to crash, for me, was Windburn, or if I was trying to extend rules from an assembly down to a TON of parts made in various releases.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:Kevin)

Just today, had Creo hang on a crash. How can software not even successfully crash? Sigh. Checked Task Manager - 0% CPU, no CPU time, no change in any memory allocations. Dead as a door nail. My crime - I closed a window and Creo failed to switch to the next one.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:dschenken)

What do you mean David?  That sounds like a spectacularly successful crash!    LOL

In fact, we were doing a webex and the guy was running SW....and it crashed.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Patriot_1776)

I like when Solidworks Certified Trainers pay me to produce models for them because "Solidworks can't do it".

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Patriot_1776)

Similar yes but a lot simpler.

Best.  SW.  Project.  EVER! 

SW - BIG GROUP HUG.jpg

SW 2015 is a terrible release. The most unstable platform yet.

2014 was excellent.

I shudder to see whats coming with 2016 with it's new UI

A LOT of people are complaining on the SW forum about the 2015 release, glad I'm playing with 2014.....

Funny then that my '15 SW crashes less than Creo 2 M040.  I've given both serious workouts.  But I do find a lot of things in SW annoying at best.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

But if I remember right every build past M040 crashes less then M040. M200 is out. I am on M190 which has crashed once ever since release. You know I am going to keep giving you a hard time about running a 2.5 year old build!!!

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Inoram)

Has it really been that long?

Happy Holidays, Buddy!

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Happy Holidays!

yes m040 came out Feb 2013.

I am sort of afraid to go to m200 at the moment, m190 has been running good. Although I seem to have some kind of conflict related to Creo that crashes Windows Explorer once in awhile which is annoying.

I need to read the update notes thing when I get a chance.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags