cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Install Creo Help Files locally

gkemner
1-Newbie

Install Creo Help Files locally

How do I install the Creo 2.0 help files locally on my users' computers.  Where do I find them?  Are they a separate install?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:gkemner)

Yes, help files are a separate installation.  You will need to either download them, or install from CD (if you have one).

help.PNG

Greg,

to enable Creo 2.0 to show context help by pressing F1 key, you need to link Creo 2.0 with HelpCenter.

• locate psf startup file in <CREO_PARAMETRIC_2.0_LOADPOINT>\bin directory
  • add a line defining PTC_HELP_CENTER_URL variable at the end of psf file
    for example: ENV=PTC_HELP_CENTER_URL=C:\PTC\Creo2_Help\help\creo_help
  • the directory specified in PTC_HELP_CENTER_URL variable must contain creo_help.exe file

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I am not sure that the environment variables are needed in the .psf files - I have not put them in and Help Centre starts up OK with an F1 in Creo.

Gary,

you are right. PTC installer writes information about HelpCenter loadpoint into Windows registry and Creo is able to read this info.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MartinHanak)

This information IS needed though if you run the help from a non-standard or shared location (like a mapped network drive).

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags