cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Installing Wildfire 4 along side Wildfire 2

ptc-1435023
1-Newbie

Installing Wildfire 4 along side Wildfire 2

Does anyone know if it's possible to have both wildfire 4 and wildfire 2 installed on the same PC? We're upgrading to wildfire 4 and would like to leave wildfire 2 installed until the engineers are happy with wildfire 4.
4 REPLIES 4

Yes, for sure, we always keep the previous install of WF on our machine when upgrading to the next version. Just make a new folder in 'PTC' called WF4 or whatever, and install there.

If using Windchill read TPI 141287 from PTC.
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:mater)

I can't speak to Intralink/Windchill issues, but for stand alone Pro|E you simply need to install in different folders. I think the installer defaults to an upgrade install in the same folder, but you can override that. I've got WF1, WF2, WF3 & WF4 on my machine now (along with SW 2006, 2007 & 2008) so I can use whatever the client requires.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
BruceLoosli
5-Regular Member
(To:dgschaefer)

You can install different builds/versions in separate directories. For testing, you may want to set different locations for cache and startup files. Here is a simple Batch file for WF4. :: File to set environment variables and startup Wildfire 4 @echo off echo. SET PTC_WF_ROOT=D:\pro_startupdir\wf4_startdir SET PTC_WF_CACHE=D:\pro_startupdir\wf4_startdir\cache cd %PTC_WF_ROOT% :: SET PRODIR=C:\PTC\proewildfire4.0-M060 SET PROWORK_DIR=D:\ptc\prowork SET PROWT_THREADS=10 SET PRO_DIRECTORY=C:\PTC\proewildfire4.0-M060 echo. echo PTC_WF_ROOT=%PTC_WF_ROOT% echo PTC_WF_CACHE=%PTC_WF_CACHE% echo. C:\PTC\proewildfire4.0-M060\bin\proe.exe echo.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags