cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Instead of a circle i get polygon

ptc-6730185
1-Newbie

Instead of a circle i get polygon

Hello

I have a problem with creo parametric 2. I cant make a circle if i use very small dimnsions. Instead of a circle or a hole i get polygon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Every program to generate computer graphics makes use of approximation to keep speed.

This is managed in two ways in Creo.

One is static and is user managed by part accuracy. This sets how closely the evaluation of geometry matches the ideal geometry. Smaller accuracy values are used to get better results in smaller features. It can either be absolute accuracy or relative accuracy. Relative accuracy scales the accuracy as a ratio to overall part size. Absolute accuracy does notscale with part size and should be used if the ratio of smallest to largest features is large.

The other is dynamic and is automatically applied to the on-screen appearance. It scales the appearance relative to the zoom level and doesn't affect geometry calculations, leaving small features looking rough. To change this, zoom in and then regenerate the model. This will re-evaluate the graphics appearance.

You will find that a point placed on the edge of the hole will follow the more precise edge of the hole and ignore any apparent polygon.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Every program to generate computer graphics makes use of approximation to keep speed.

This is managed in two ways in Creo.

One is static and is user managed by part accuracy. This sets how closely the evaluation of geometry matches the ideal geometry. Smaller accuracy values are used to get better results in smaller features. It can either be absolute accuracy or relative accuracy. Relative accuracy scales the accuracy as a ratio to overall part size. Absolute accuracy does notscale with part size and should be used if the ratio of smallest to largest features is large.

The other is dynamic and is automatically applied to the on-screen appearance. It scales the appearance relative to the zoom level and doesn't affect geometry calculations, leaving small features looking rough. To change this, zoom in and then regenerate the model. This will re-evaluate the graphics appearance.

You will find that a point placed on the edge of the hole will follow the more precise edge of the hole and ignore any apparent polygon.

Sorry maybe i dont understand and i have only just have started working with this program. But what should i do to fix this problem i need a round circle/hole not a polygon. Could you be more precise and more unsophisticated.I regenerrated it after i had zoomed in and my hole was stil a polygon. I also set edge display quality to very high and its a little better but still a polygon it not evan rough its perfect polygon

And thank you for your help.

I managed to solve my problem. I was using the wrong start part. My bad...

What was different between the two start parts?

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags