cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Is it possible to add hidden parameters in Creo Parameteric part/assembly/drawing file by toolkit?

Shaffer
5-Regular Member

Is it possible to add hidden parameters in Creo Parameteric part/assembly/drawing file by toolkit?

I want to add some information into creo parametric file (eg. prt, asm, drw) by toolkit.
So far I can only think of attach these info into Parameters, Relations or Pro/Program.
But nither of them can hide the info to user in ProE.
Is there any way I can store private primitive data in plain text or key-value pairs and not letting user to see them in Creo Parametric?

Thanks

Shaffer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shaffer
5-Regular Member
(To:Shaffer)

Thank you both for the reply.

I've also asked PTC and they suggested to use “External Data”

(pfcExternalData for C++, IpfcExternalData for VB)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dschenken
21-Topaz I

Probably. In know that compartmentalizing data is available to 3rd party apps, at least for parts and assemblies.

If you want to know how you may have to contact PTC. I would look for anything dealing with 'blobs' or 'blocks'

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Yes.  SmartAssembly is doing this today.  (SmartAssembly is just a Toolkit add-on.)  The key-value pair data is visible as plain text inside the Creo files when viewed with a text editor.  I have no idea what specific Toolkit commands they are using to do this though...

Shaffer
5-Regular Member

Thank you both for the reply.

I've also asked PTC and they suggested to use “External Data”

(pfcExternalData for C++, IpfcExternalData for VB)

Top Tags