cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Is it possible to format rpt.index so that the sl no apears line i,ii,iii,iv etc.

jsarkar
1-Newbie

Is it possible to format rpt.index so that the sl no apears line i,ii,iii,iv etc.

Is it possible to format rpt.index so that the sl no apears line i,ii,iii,iv etc.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:jsarkar)

Jayanta,

Repeat index cannot create in Roman format (i,ii,iii,iv ....).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:jsarkar)

Jayanta,

Repeat index cannot create in Roman format (i,ii,iii,iv ....).

You can write table relations for a column to replace a repeat index to whatever you want it to.

For instance, when doing work a customer once, all index numbers needed to start at 500. We would write a relation to skip the first 499 numbers and sort on the new column.

The problem with roman numerals is that they don't follow numerical or alphabetical sequence. So while you could write a relation to get you the roman numerals you want with a giant if/elseif list, you couldn't sort on the column with roman numerals. You most likely will end up having to fix the repeat region and sort it manually.

nice trick and helpful indeed.

Thanks,

Jayanta Sarkar

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags