cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Is there a "fix" for the dwg mode text editor in creo 3?

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Is there a "fix" for the dwg mode text editor in creo 3?

Frankly, the text editor s#(ks.  I found the older one in the last version I used (creo elements / pro 5.0) outdated and clunky, but it worked.  This new one is flat infuriating.  Am I stuck with it?  I have trouble reading it and/or manipulating it.  It seems to "time out" when you're trying to change text size etc.

Also, I really don't find dwg mode that much better than that "worst EVER" ribbon interface in the old version, if at all.  I just started using dwg mode, but, so far, I am NOt impressed.  Even the old WF interface was better......

Ugh!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Something about using the latest version (120?).  It should have returned the classic text editor.

I keep saying I can't go to Creo 3 with this drawing downgrade.  They really need to add the "classic mode option" in Creo 4.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Something about using the latest version (120?).  It should have returned the classic text editor.

I keep saying I can't go to Creo 3 with this drawing downgrade.  They really need to add the "classic mode option" in Creo 4.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Yeah, I'm on M080.  REALLY don't like that editor in dwg mode.  It edits on a black background (at least for me), and with the font we're using (ugly as sin), it's REALLY difficult to edit anything.

Oh, and I HATE the colors of the interface.  Hint to PTC:  Us more EXPERIENCED users need high-contrast colors.  This light blue on a slightly lighter light blue background is useless, and causes major eye strain.  For reference, do fighter pilots use a high-contrast color scheme for their gages?  why....YES.  Last I looked, there were big white numerals on a black background.  DONE.

Why doesn't PTC just hire the both of us and we'll get all that garbage sorted out? 

I have enough to do, thank you

Not only is the interface ... well... yea... it also makes a code mess of text on drawings when you actually look at the code it generates.

This has been buggy since day one.  Creo formats annotation on the fly without any care for connected strings.

Once a free note folds back on itself while dragging, it just changed!... and that is sloppy coding... and that is why I cannot use it.

The problem was likely introduced with the automated word-wrap capabilities of annotation text.  If that could be disabled, half the issue would be resolved.

Hi I think I gave you the heads up a while ago about drw mode, in particular the text editor. Thankfully, PTC did come to their senses, M100 date code and above, gives you the option to edit notes using a properties window, the way you are used of.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:John.Pryal)

Thanks John, I'll have to look for that!

I found a way to FORCE an "old school" text editor box to come up instead of the creo 3 M080 GARBAGE editor:

CREO 3 DWG TEXT EDITOR-01.jpg

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags