cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Is there a way in PRO/E to make a Partial and Broken View at the same time?

Zhump
1-Newbie

Is there a way in PRO/E to make a Partial and Broken View at the same time?

I have been useing Pro/E for about 13 years, and have never had to do anything like this until today.

Is it possible to created a partial and broken view at the same time?

I am using Wildfire 4.

6 REPLIES 6
VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine
(To:Zhump)

There is no configuration option, which would change the settings for new views.

Partial-broken.png

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Yes I know how to do this, but can you make both a Partial and a Broken View in the same view?

I'm not sure it is even possible, other than making multiple partial views and aligning them.

chris5
1-Newbie

Hi

I do not think so. Maybe you can solve it with multiple breaklines.

Even in WF5 you can have your problem.

Regards

Chris

Zhump
1-Newbie
(To:chris5)

I was able to accomplish what I was looking for by making 2 partial views and aligning them together so they appear to be a broken view.

Thanks

~Z

Kevin
10-Marble

Can you explain so more as to why you need to have a broken view and a partial view in the same view?

Zhump
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

It's hard to explain, but I have a part that is being used in 2 different areas of an assembly and they need to be symmetrical to each other and at a certain distance apart. So I need the partial view to show the the two parts and their orientation, and because they are so far apart then I need to break it, and show the distance between them.

I was able to accomplish what I was looking for by making 2 partial views and aligning them together so they appear to be a broken view.

Thanks

~Z

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags