cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Is there a way to fill the hole?

bduncan
15-Moonstone

Is there a way to fill the hole?

Hi, In creo is there a way to fill the hole? see the attachment.Thanks!QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720141021093908.png

66 REPLIES 66
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:bduncan)

I tried wth Flex, it didn't like it.

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:Inoram)

QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720141021115948.jpg

bduncan
15-Moonstone

QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720141021120038.jpg

bduncan
15-Moonstone

QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720141022095537.pngYES, FILL SURFACE QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720141022095521.jpgIT seems CREO need to add these Function.

Sure, but you have to tell creo how to treat the inner volume.
See one possibility in the attached video.

Video Link : 5378

(Sorry, it seems as if I'm to stupid to insert a video.)

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:PaulWyndorps)

THANKS! But it looks very distorted.

As written, it depends on what you "tell" creo to treat the inner volume.

fill_hole2.JPG

See attached example (not finished).

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:PaulWyndorps)

Well done! too much broken surfaces.HOPE PTC add FILL SURFACE INTO Creo 3.0.

tshen
16-Pearl

In Creo 3.0 there is new enhancement Fill Loops in Parting Surface, please refer to http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/3465/creating-a-parting-surface-using-fill-loops for detail.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

if you have ISDX license..the surface option there fills the surface.

no...refering to ISDX(style) module

yes...the surface option in style

hmm...interesting..yeah i know if license is not there it does not go in the style module...but functions deactivated..that's surprising...

You need to create 3 planes in order to activate ISDX module. If not, it doesn't work. Grey out.

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

My attempt.

Meh, lost my nerve near the end so if you can finish it cool.

Btw in Creo 3 we can fill holes when copying quilt but not that complex.

NX fill is real nice but in this case still gives less then perfect fill.

12.png

I was trying to something similar but ran into problems knowing what connected to what.

did you try the n sided patch option?

tried... failed!

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

No, in my opinion there is not enough data there for the engine to figure out how to fix it. And I would guess there aren't any that would get it 100% right. Close, like the NX picture and some of the ones people drew, but not 100% correct.

And between creo 1,2, and 3 functionality, stuff like that is not coming any time soon, I don't feel like the 3d engine is advancing at all.

I don't have the mold tool or advanced surfaces. I tried with the older tools including the n-sided surface. It just doesn't like that geometry. Even if I make boundary blends to some logical connections with datum curves, tangent and all, the boundary blends don't want to fill tangent regardless of accuracy settings. Accuracy too high, and you get 28 problem vertices and 5 bad edges. Set it low and you can get a fill, but little to no tangency control.

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

NX seems to be great doing that. Hope some day have tools like that in Creo.

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:Jose_Costa)

Hope Creo 4.0 will give us a big surprise It's time to enhance Creo surface capability, What are you waiting for,PTC?

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

ok this is done in creo 2.0 student edition.....i have attached the step file also

2qj-65_creo2.jpg

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:rohit_rajan)

But not tangentQQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720141024152531.jpgQQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720141024152609.jpg

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

consider this as the first step...since creo does not have a specific tool like in nx..

the good thing is..it took very less steps.

Sorry, but nothing is done.

It's the same solution, as I have shown above, using other curves (without tangent).

The hole could have been filled very easy by a simpel profil (magenta).

Then everybody knows, that he has to check the contur of the channel (green).

There ist only one person who can fill this hole correctly: the original designer of this part.

hole.JPG

It appears that even the original geometry (pre-drilled) was a bit cobbled. However, it is sad that core Creo cannot put a simple patch with tangency in place. Maybe a shrinkwrap with the hole excluded?

Antonius i don't think NX gives that tool in its core package...

I'll give you that one.

I had a little luck with a boundary blend by recreating the existing surfaces and getting tangency.

The problem is getting control of the flow lines but it is possible if you play with the control points.

In this case, I added 3 sets of control points, the 3rd of which I added in the fly. Once you get the dialog under control, it goes pretty well, but the preview doesn't work so you have to wait until you close the feature to see what it did.

Since the shape is a guessing game anyway, you can probably make something work along these lines. I'd say that adding flow line points prior to the boundary blend will help that process immensely.

fill_hole.PNG

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags