cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Is there any way to dissolve the subassembly which we make ?

mgupta-4
1-Newbie

Is there any way to dissolve the subassembly which we make ?

Dear All,

Is there any way to dissolve the subassembly in assembly that we assume early to be a part of new sub assembly.

Thanks ,

Manish

10 REPLIES 10

I am not sure I understand the term "dissolve" in your question.

Are you trying to remove associativity to other constrains?

Dear Antonius,

Dissolve means subassembly again be a part of assembly as parts not the subassembly ,with all its references.

let there are 3 parts with references and then make the subassembly from those 3 parts ,now there is a understanding that i dont want the subassembly and want to resume in parts again without deleting it.

I hope you understand my problem.

Manish

you can do so with restructure.

tmenkveld
5-Regular Member
(To:jsarkar)

I'm still looking for a total dissolve of a sub assembly. Not just one (or several) parts, that is possible with restructure.
I never managed to do a total dissovle with restructure. Restructure has many limitations; does not work with patterns, multiple occurrences etc.

I want to keep every part, feature and group, but only delete (dissolve) the subassembly. Anyone?

Because of the limitations you mention it suggests you have multiple copies of subassemblies and you want to make an assembly as if that is not how it was made.

I think Creo cannot do this.

Have you looked at using copy > paste special > advanced reference configuration?  You copy the components and features from one assy and paste them in another.  If you use Paste Special and Advanced reference configuration Creo prompts you for each reference used in the source and you pick the proper ones in the target.  If you're grabbing everything in the source, the only references would be the default planes & CS.

There may be some limitations, but it might get you most of the way there.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I guess you are looking for Restructure, which is used to change the level at which components are added to an assembly. It is not difficult, but pay close attention to reference changes to avoid creating circular references.

It is easier to avoid making circular references than it is to figure out how to fix them when time has past and the reasons for the references are forgotten.

I'm going to have to look into Restructure. All too often I accidentally move a part into a subassembly when re-arranging the component tree only to be faced with deleting the component from the subassembly and adding it back to the top (current) level. And then I face the other errors that come along with subsequent regens.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:mgupta-4)

When you accidentally drag and drop a part in to another assembly in the model tree, you are doing a restructure. They just made it easier and also much more accident prone when they allowed drag and drop in the model tree.

Manish, If you are using Creo 2, have you tried simply dragging the part file in the model tree and dropping it in to the assembly you want it to be in? The restructure command is under the model tab, under the drop down arrow next to Component in the ribbon. It works but it is much easier to drag and drop in the model tree.

Trying to drag a component up from a lower level seems to always fail with errors.

I certainly do not want to loose drag and drop of components in the model tree, but it should be a little more sensitive about restructuring a part to a lower level. I've done it and not even noticed it until many sessions later... as in "what the heck is this doing here?"

Top Tags