cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Light weight models

cdown
4-Participant

Light weight models

I'm looking into a way of creating lightweight models of our machine assemblies.

I have looked at shrinkwraps however  these tend to be very large files.

How do people manage large assembly models when it comes to layout drawings of plant etc?

3 REPLIES 3
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:cdown)

Hi,

if you want to view an assembly, only ... then you can open it in Creo, save it into PVZ format file and view it in Creo View Express.

Martin Hanák
cdown
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Thats not the issue with viewing the files it's getting a line out drawing from a model say having 8-10 machines in the line.

This is where the issue is getting a 2D line drawing from a massive assembly, hence looking at ways to lighten the macine models to create easier line drawings

psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:cdown)

I've been creating a non-parametric shrink-wraps using the surface-subset method.

note: usually this is a shrinkwrap of a simplified rep of the machine model (that has the fasteners and insides removed).  It is a manual process but I don't have to do this often as the released design will be suitable for layout purposes for a long time.

I use quality=10; remove small surfaces & fill all holes options.

The line drawing still takes minutes to load, but looks decent and it is way faster.  I don't see the problem with file size.

Top Tags