cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Loft Icon??

MukaSingh
1-Newbie

Loft Icon??

Where do I find the loft command? Wish there is a command finder like they have in NX.

Thanks for any help!!

6 REPLIES 6
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:MukaSingh)

Depending on what you are trying to do the feature you may want is the BLEND feature, there is no LOFT feature.

I'm trying to extrude from a circle on one end and the other end is rectangular shaped. In Solidworks or NX you can do a loft using two separate sketches to accomplish this.

Kevin
10-Marble

You can do that with a BLEND. You need to split the circle into four segments with the sketcher divide command so it can be blended with the square.

Hmm,

Will try that! Somehow I always thought blend is for fillet/Radius

Kevin
10-Marble

Here are some pics showing the construction. First shows the split circle. Use Insert>Blend, select General and Select Sec from the menu manager, when selecting the sections use select loop to select the section entities, and make a note of the start point and direction arrow so you can define the corresponding start point and direction on the next section. In the last image the start points on the sections are different.

New Picture.jpgNew Picture 1.jpgNew Picture 2.jpg

Thanks Kevin,

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags