cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Major companies using pro-engineer

dind4807
1-Newbie

Major companies using pro-engineer

Hi there, I'm interested in finding out which major Australian companies use Pro-engineer (preferrably Wild Fire) as I would like to apply to them for a position. Thanks in advance 😃
6 REPLIES 6

Visy Beverage (Kings Park) Wildfire 3.0

Just like I tell everyone here, do not limit your job search based on the CAD package. That's like a mechanic applying only at shops that use Chraftsman tools. CAD is just a tool to get the job done. Also, who's to say that someone using Autocad now, isn't evaluating Pro-E? Or someone who is using Pro-E might be getting ready to switch to Solidworks. Apply to a company that appeals to you. You don't want to be designing widgits, just because you want to use Pro-E, when you REALLY would love to design whatsits. Don't settle for a job just because you know the CAD package. You might miss out on a great oppertunity. I've switched jobs from using Cadkey, to Autocad, to Solidworks, and now Pro-E. I would have had a much tougher time had I limited myself to only the CAD package I had a lot of experience on.

Very good point David. I started on CADkey way back in the 80's (slightly quicker than pencil and rule)doing work that I liked, then AutoCAD, then Pro E. Now I get to choose what software the company buys

Yes. Cadkey was barely an improvement over a drafting table. Parametric CAD software is leaps and bounds better. I really can't believe we made money using Cadkey. We actually tried talking the owner into Solidworks, and even had some demos, but he was a tightazz. Might be part of the reason why that company is no longer in business.

DI, I think Volvo Trucks in Brisbane uses ProE. I agree with the others, though, learn as many 3D packages as possible. The more you know the better off you'll be. Regards, Matt

Kenworth Australia uses Pro/E.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags