cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Manifold Solid Brep

ChrisVanHoeck
1-Newbie

Manifold Solid Brep

I get this when I convert data from STP file, is this just a file that is created to represent a solid component that has no file number associated to it?
3 REPLIES 3

I have similar results when receiving a STEP file from a UGS NX data set. Even worse than having no part number associativity, if there are twelve instances of a common bolt in the assembly, it generates twelve separate "manifold_solid_brep_XXXX.prt files. Any insight as how to prevent this during STEP file creation would be appreciated.

I think that what Pro-e does, is that it cannot recognize ref. sets in a file, so if that file has 12 solids in it and they are all called out by different ref sets Pro-e will just create them as manifold solid breps. I do not know any way around this or how to fix it.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ChrisVanHoeck)

We get a similar problem to Mark's, with stepped files of motors from Inventor... every cooling fin on the motor comes in as a separate "brep" file.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags