cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Manikin Extension

GlenStanley
1-Newbie

Manikin Extension

I just downloaded and installed Wildfire 4.0 M60 to try out the new Manikin Extension but I can't figure out how to activate this extension. Can anyone give me an idea how to get strated?
17 REPLIES 17

You have to update your license file, then use ptcsetup to update Flexnet setup and Pro-E setup. By.

Francesco Thanks for youer help.

It has been a pleasure. By.

Francesco I've updated my license file to Wildfire 5.0 preproduction, downloaded and installed Wildfire 4.0 M60 and downloaded and installed Wildfire5.0 preproduction. I still can't find the Manikin extension in either Wildfire 4 or 5, part or assembly mode. Is there something else I need to do?

Glen, My maintenance reseller told me last week that this extension would be offered early in '09. May not be available yet. ??? David

"David Butz" wrote:

Glen, My maintenance reseller told me last week that this extension would be offered early in '09. May not be available yet. ??? David

David Thanks for the advise.

"Glen Stanley" wrote:

I just downloaded and installed Wildfire 4.0 M60 to try out the new Manikin Extension but I can't figure out how to activate this extension. Can anyone give me an idea how to get strated?

campbell
5-Regular Member
(To:DonRiley)

Hi guys - Hopefully, here's a little clarification... Once you have upgraded to Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 M060, all users of Pro/E will see a new Command in the Insert menu when working in an Assembly - Insert Manikin. This is only to give you a taste of how it works - it will allow you to insert one artificial (meaning it doesn't represent a real population profile, like 95th percentile North American Male) manikin into your assembly. You can easily posture the manikin, and put him in/on or beside your design, however this is a free trial; it's just a sampling of the technology for your to try out, so no you can't save the assembly once you start playing with a manikin. For more information on the full-blown Manikin solution, visit http://www.ptc.com/products/proengineer/manikin-extension ~ Mike
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:campbell)

I have deleted the manikin from my assembly and I have even erased the assembly the mannikin was in. The part I have been working on for the last hour (unrelated to the assembly the manikin was in) will not save because I was messing around with this manikin without the license. Now are you telling me in all seriousness that anything else that is in session when this happens will not save? That I will lose an hour's work because of this? You had better warn your customers of this in advance. Somebody could lose a lot of work and come after you with lawyers.

I have licenses for both the Manikin Extension and the Manikin Analysis Extension but I can only access the Manikin lite model. Do I need to download a separate manikin library? I am running Wildfire 5.0 M020. I have tried ptcsetup but there are no additional options for Manikin in the setup. Thanks, Colleen

If it's an extension, you have to run "setup" to include the extension license. There will be a configuration page for this. This page is part of the normal pro-e setup line (not installing the license manager).

I have run the ptcsetup but I do not see a manikin option. I am pulling the license (its listed in my system information window) but when I go to add the manikin to my model the only manikin I see is the ptc_manikin.asm male not the full library with the male/female/kid, 5/50/95 percentile options. I know there should be a library with all the manikin models but I do not know where to download it from or if it is already in my install directories and Pro/E is not pointed to it. If there is a setup option that I am missing please send a screen shot because I'm not sure what/where you are referring to. Thanks, Colleen

To find the section I'm talking about: Start "ptcsetup" Click next Click next Check "Additional license configurations" Click on Pro/ENGINEER Click on edit Is it listed in the "Startup extensions & floating licenses" box?

Sorry for the almost identical post, but there is no edit command I can find. I missed one Click next. Below is the correct sequence. Start "ptcsetup" Click next Click next Check "Additional license configurations" Click next Click on Pro/ENGINEER Click on edit
mhanak2
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-876037)

"Colleen Moore" wrote:

I have run the ptcsetup but I do not see a manikin option. I am pulling the license (its listed in my system information window) but when I go to add the manikin to my model the only manikin I see is the ptc_manikin.asm male not the full library with the male/female/kid, 5/50/95 percentile options. I know there should be a library with all the manikin models but I do not know where to download it from or if it is already in my install directories and Pro/E is not pointed to it. If there is a setup option that I am missing please send a screen shot because I'm not sure what/where you are referring to. Thanks, Colleen

Add these options in your config.pro :

ptc_manikin_library_path ...\ptc_manikin_lib
ptc_manikin_posture_path ...\ptc_manikin_lib\Postures

ptc_manikin_lib CD can be downloaded from the Pro/ENGINEER download page

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags