cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mapkey Sequences (using CTRL)

Dan_Harlan
1-Newbie

Mapkey Sequences (using CTRL)

Creo 2

I've been unable to use the control key in the naming/activation of mapkeys. I know I would be unable to use a, x,c& v but would like to setup mapkeys such as CTRL+m to activate the model ribbon tab.

Anyone know if such is possible?

Thanks,

~Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

l asked thise question when Creo 1 was released (maybe 2 years before) and it wasn´t possible. l´m using standard key sequences like "SS", "LL"...

Autohotkey looks like external program. l guess it isn´t possible to distribute macros from autohotkey via config files.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Yes, with the use of a keyboard remapping tool like autohotkey.

www.autohotkey.com

Am I right in that AutoHotKey is going to run 'outside' ProE? Meaning the macros will not be stored in a ProE config file?

I need to be able to distribute the mapkeys via ProE config files and that they run without any additional applications.

Right, it will run outside of Pro/E.

You can have it as a compiled exe that can be started during the load of Pro/E via some sort of windows script automatically.

Mapkeys will stll be stored in Pro/E config file, but with other key sequences than Ctrl+m, etc.

Hello,

l asked thise question when Creo 1 was released (maybe 2 years before) and it wasn´t possible. l´m using standard key sequences like "SS", "LL"...

Autohotkey looks like external program. l guess it isn´t possible to distribute macros from autohotkey via config files.

Thanks all.

This reply doesn´t solve your "CTRL" problem, but take it like an extra information.

Run external aplication via mapkey:

run_external_aplication.JPG

l hope it can help somebody, sometimes...

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags