cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Maps keys CREO2, why don't "p" and "o" work?

ptc-2053410
1-Newbie

Maps keys CREO2, why don't "p" and "o" work?

First time poster, long time proe user...

Finally updated all my map keys in creo 2, well, so I thought but noticed that any map key starting with a "p" or "o" don''t work. They work if you manually run the map key in the Map Key dialogue but not out of it?... Anyone notice this or have a reason for it/solution or should I just relabel them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I did get it work, I think it had something to do with a mapkey that works in wildfire 5 for changing to a previous view which was “P” and that conflicted with the mapkeys associated with the ribbon mapkeys (which you should be able to turn off and or edit yourself, in fact I would like to see my own map keys up there the whole time). Once I deleted that key it worked fine

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Paul,

in my installation of Creo Parametric 2.0 M010 I defined two mapkeys - oo and pp and they work well. I guess the problem is hidden inside your config.pro file. You have to check names of your mapkeys. Eq. mapkeys must not have names p, pp, ppp, ... Correct naming convention is p1, p2, p3, ...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Dunno about that Martin, I have a mapkey that is: "pnt". The problem is that unlike AutoCAD, where the "mapkeys" are activated by a return, in Pro/E they are activated the moment the neccessary keys are entered.

If you have 2 mapkeys, one loaded in the config.pro at the system level and one user-specific as follows:

pn

pnt

The "pn" will always work and the "pnt" will get you the "pn" function because you never get to strike the "t" key. This is an area where AutoCAD's "mapkeys" (called "aliases" in A/C) work better because they give you a lot more flexibility. Most of my mapkeys in fact came from my many years on A/C/

The "pn" will always work and the "pnt" will get you the "pn" function because you never get to strike the "t" key. This is an area where AutoCAD's "mapkeys" (called "aliases" in A/C) work better because they give you a lot more flexibility. Most of my mapkeys in fact came from my many years on A/C/

This is what makes Creo/Pro/E so unproductive in compartison with AutoCAD. Because when making a typo during typing of a mapkey the command line gets stuck until everything gets deleted with delete key. In AutoCAD you can just hit RMB to get invalid command in case of making a typo and start typing in the macro again.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:James62)

I definately think there is a LOT PTC could learn from A/C, especially in it's sketcher functions. Heck, we got "polygon" commands in what, R7 of A/C? For reference, I started on A/C in June '86, v2.18, on a pc that had a 5MB hard drive.....

I was born in '86... you know

I started using AutoCAD in 2000 version at school. I am using it or it's clones professionally for 6 years. Alongside with Creo for the last 8 months and it's not like these days are gonna pass anytime soon.

Kind of hate this problem with mapkeys in Creo. Do you know if macros in SolidWorks can be activated with RMB?

Thanks

~Jakub

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Ouch!

dschenken
21-Topaz I

I just keep the mapkey window open and double click on the one I want. No typos and is very fast. There are a couple, like for zooming, that are short for keyboard use. In Pro/E a 'z' key can zoom, while in AutoCAD, a z+return is required? Sort of '90s.

Using the mapkey window allows any combination of keys to be selected, and makes the less frequent, though powerful sequences, more memorable.

CTRL-A is the all around knock-it-off combination.

Hi Paul...

Did you ever get these to work? I haven't had a problem with mapkeys in Creo 2. What Martin Hanak was saying was that perhaps you had a problem in the mapkey definition or you may have had a duplicate mapkey using the "p" or "o" letters. Did you check these?

Thanks!

-Brian

I did get it work, I think it had something to do with a mapkey that works in wildfire 5 for changing to a previous view which was “P” and that conflicted with the mapkeys associated with the ribbon mapkeys (which you should be able to turn off and or edit yourself, in fact I would like to see my own map keys up there the whole time). Once I deleted that key it worked fine

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-2053410)

Don't forget to mark your answer as correct so those following behind you or search on this will know that it has been solved. Thanks.

So, as I mentioned, you had 2 different mapkeys that were stepping on each other's toes? It's common.

Is a ribbon key a kind of mapkey?

It should be Dale, a mapkey is a mapkey.......unless they're talking about an icon.

any one can explain map key in creo 2.0 ... save permantely..

save the mapkeay in deafult config.pro file.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags