cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Mass calculation

ptc-2668817
1-Newbie

Mass calculation

After i insert a density of 7.89 i get this result, MASS = 2.8945595e+08 TONNE. How do i now what this is in kilogram?
4 REPLIES 4

Stefan Go to setup under the edit menu and change your model units such that you get the right units for your mass. Your density is such that this model is getting close to the weight of the earth (E8). Eric

OK. I change that now and get this. MASS = 2.8945595e+08 KILOGRAM. Is this 2.89 KG or is it 289 KG? Shall the decimal sign move to get the right value for me?

2.8945e+8 is 289450000 KG E notation is move decimal to right # places for positive numbers and move left for negative. E-8 would be .000000028945... KG

For getting proper weight calculation 1st you have to set units of parts to KG & then go to edit -> setup -> material & move steel to the right side. It will assign steel material to model & you can easily get the correct weight. If you are confused with scientific notation like 12.458 +e5 then copy this text and paste in calculator & u will get the perfect answer in your required unit.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags