cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Mass properties in notes

wattyinabq
1-Newbie

Mass properties in notes

Greetings,

Does anyone know how to place mass property values into a note? Specifically I'm looking to use Ixx, Iyy and Izz at COG with respect to coordinate system. Putting in &pro_mp_Ixx inserts the value with respect to the coordinate system. I need the value at COG with respect to coordinate system. Is there a suffix needed on the end of the inertia value designator like &pro_mp_Ixx:???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Watkins
Sandia National Labs
Albuquerque, NM
505-845-9666

2 REPLIES 2

The note creation is a3 step process.

First in the part, you set mass property (ieABS = .0379)insert a mass property FEATURE and set it to become a footer.

(Failing to make it a footer in the feature table will not include subsequent features.)

Second you write a relation in the relations pulldown command.

MASS=MASS:FID_MASS_PROP_1

Lastly in the drawing thenote would read

NOTE:
1. MATERIAL MASS: &MASS lbs

hope that helps.

I have done this without the relation.

I create an analysis feature called Mass_Analysis and place it in the footer. Then I will create a note that reads "Part Weight &mass:fid_mass_analysis[.2] LB" I use weight to not confuse the purchasing and marketing types, and the [.2] truncates the decimal places to 2. It defaults to 3. We are now looking at making this a part of our format and will be included automatically oon all drawings. The Analysis feature is a part of our start parts and assemblies.

Brent

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags