cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Mechanica.- viscoelasticity

ptc-1019162
1-Newbie

Mechanica.- viscoelasticity

Is there any way to model a viscoelastic material with mechanical?.
4 REPLIES 4

I know there is not viscoelasticity model in mechanica, but I am wondering if there is some one in the net who has tried to do “something� to model a “queasy similar� behaviour with the hyperelastic function in WF4. Is there any intention to add such kind of model in future wildfire release? How mechanica users have deal with this type of materials?. Thanks for any comment.

I'm quite sure that WF is not going to have those properties unless you buy one of the specific modules that can handle that. Mechanica is just the base CAE program... but there are different modules that do those kind of things.

There is no specific module that can handle viscoelasticity. Mechanica is not the base CAE program for Pro/Engineer, it is the FEA program for Pro/Engineer. There is a basic and advanced Mechanica.

Obviously I am talking about advance mechanica, my question comes because I see that new materials models have been added in the two last versions (WF4 with hyperelastic) and WF5 with elastoplastic… so can we think about having wf6 or 7 with viscoelastic materials?.. any comments from a developer?.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags