cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge

DieselPig

Merge

Afternoon All

Having fun modelling a pump volute! I have an example I have studied to understand how it is created and I'm following this with mostly success.

However, I have never used the merge command before and this is where I run into problems.

I have filled and merged the small area arrowed but when I fill and merge the large area the arrow is sat on the small section disappears!

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Merge

Bit more fiddling and I have solved the issue, I changed the large fill for a projection and this has cured the problem.

Next issue is trying to solidify the whole shebang. When I select the model the solidify feature is greyed out so, is there a way to check what elements are not merged?

I've been through my tree and it all looks merged!

Hi,

use Search Tool to find one-sided edges.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin

Never used that tool before!

It is showing me edges that I thought were part of a previous merge, do I just merge them to an adjacent edge?

Hi,

you can merge two neighbouring quilt surface.

Note: In case of import geometry, one-side edge reports geometry error and it sometimes can be corrected using Import data doctor.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin

This where I don't understand the problem. the edges are part of a previous merge that completed successfully so what are the edges being shown?

I did see gaps when I was using a spline on the circular edges so I went for a projection and this worked.

The part is not imported I have created this mess myself!

Hi,

the problem is related to your model. I cannot tell what is wrong, because I do not know what is going on. If you can, upload the model using How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply procedure.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi martin

Thanks for looking much appreciated.

Hi,

I think that you applied "improper technique" when build your model.

If you move Insert Here arrow to a location shown on picture, then you will get closed volume. You can solidify it and then continue adding geometry.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin

Many thanks for your help with my model, learnt a lot yesterday and fixed many errors!

My next issue is fixing the one sided edges I get when solidifying a surface, I've adjusted the accuracy and this does not help.

Hi,

you cannot apply Solidify command on Fill surface. Use Thicken command on Fill surface or create solid Extrude feature instead of Fill surface.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin

I have tried both methods and the same error. The system could not construct the intersection of the part and the feature.

I assume this means they are not touching?

Hi,

YES, probably "they are not touching".

I am sending the model.

MH

Martin Hanák
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.