cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Movable text in a symbol?

raviles
4-Participant

Movable text in a symbol?

Folks,

I'm trying to define a symbol with variable, MOVABLE text, without leaders. I created a note like so: \LOC\ and am able to change the value without a problem. However, the text is fixed in one place when I place the symbol. The text indicates the position of a detail in a grid like A-12, Q49, T99, etc. but it's position needs to be tweaked for maximum clarity.

My current symbol is only a circle with filled hatching. I have to create a text-only separate note that has no associativity; moving one will not move the other.

Any ideas? I'm using Creo 2, M100.

Thanks,

Ray Aviles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:raviles)

Symbols don't support movable internal pieces. You can create a note and select 'offset' as the placement, then pick a symbol to be the anchor and then pick another location for placement. When the symbol is moved the note will follow along. I never remember whether it's the middle or the left button to pick the location; just randomly click until it works. I think it is opposite for placing symbols with 'offset'.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:raviles)

Symbols don't support movable internal pieces. You can create a note and select 'offset' as the placement, then pick a symbol to be the anchor and then pick another location for placement. When the symbol is moved the note will follow along. I never remember whether it's the middle or the left button to pick the location; just randomly click until it works. I think it is opposite for placing symbols with 'offset'.

raviles
4-Participant
(To:dschenken)

David,

Thanks for the information. I tried the offset method and it works. I never noticed that placement option in all the years that I've been using Pro/E.

Best regards,

Ray Aviles

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags