cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

[Noob Question] How do I reorient my object?

rgoh
1-Newbie

[Noob Question] How do I reorient my object?

My object is finished, but when I rendered it CREO put the side face on the table. I guess I set the orienation wrongly early on. Can I fix this now?

Thanks...

5 REPLIES 5
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:rgoh)

You can change the room in the render environment. Just unlock the room from the object and re-orient.

Thanks! I will try this. However I also need to create an orthographic drawing and my assembly is still not oriented properly for that. Should I just hand-pick the views instead of automatically letting CREO choose for me? Would this work?

EDIT: I've managed to "reorient" my assembly, so don't worry about what I said about orthographic drawings. However, CREO still puts the wrong face on the table... Could you please elaborate on how to fix this? Thanks.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Views are obviously something different and it sounds like you figured that out.

Reflection in the floor using the Shaded with Reflections setting depends on a model display setting in Options.

This is -not- the rending floor, but the "orientation" you want to use for the shadows and reflection in the realtime rendering mode.

floor_reflection_orientation.png

As for the room for actual rendering, you can orient the room independently from the model:

Go to the Render>room tab to open the dialog. Now -uncheck- the Lock Room to Model checkbox; make sure you are in Model orientation; use the rotate sliders to know know which slider you need to move 90 degrees; Recheck (!!!) the lock Room to Model checkbox (!!!) and now you can move the model and the room moves with it. Now when you render, your floor is where you re-oriented it to.

render_orientation.png

Play with this dialog. It is intended to do some specific re-orientation or you can do creative orientations. This is a very old function and little has changed in last decade or two except the interface is somewhat improved (I'm being generous here). In all, you have some pretty good control over the environment but no matter what you do, Photorender is an outdated tool that only does so-so quality images as output. Photolux (extra$) does better but I cannot justify the expense. In general, you can do this but often, life is simply too short to get something high quality out of it.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Is the object a part or an assembly? If it is an assemlby and depending upon how you assembled it, if you reorient the first part, the rest should follow.

If it is just a part and you are looking for just the rendering, you could creat a dummy assembly of just one part and orient the part in that assemlby correctly, but I would use that assembly in anything other than the rendering so as to not create a bunch of clutter.

Thanks, Dale

Hi Dale

Sorry, I meant to say it's an assembly. How would I go about reorienting my first part? I'll give it a try though and play around with it. Thank you very much!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags