cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Not Pro E, but Eng related

ptc-1676835
1-Newbie

Not Pro E, but Eng related

Not a Pro-E question, but since we're all in the engineering field I figured I'd throw out the line.

I'm looking for a Military standard to test products either for full submersibility or for water resistance. I know it exists, but I can't remember the number. I found Mil-Spec STD 810 but I don't think this is the same one i've seen before.

Does anybody know the one I'm looking for? IF so, can you please e-mail me the STD number?

Thanks for the help

Michael

3 REPLIES 3

NEMA IP67 is one of the waterproofing standards that some of the
hardened Military products we buy from Amphenol, are built to.

Doug

Hi Michael,

I found a spec for the Saftety Standard for Pressure Vessels for Human
Occupancy...

ASME PVHO-1

I can e-mail you the pdf if you want.

There are a lot of standards for a lot of different things.

Please elaborate on application....

Best regards,

Frederick Burke

Hi Michael,
In Mil-Std 810-F the section on immersion is section 512.4 (210pages in for the 539page PDF). The 30 minutes immersion at 1m mentioned is similar to the IP67 (the 7 bit) test mentioned in one of your other replies.
Regards, Brent Drysdale
Regards, Brent Drysdale
Mechanical Designer
Tait Electronics Ltd (www.taitworld.com)
New Zealand
Ph. +64 3 358 1093

Michael Paul wrote:
Not a Pro-E question, but since we're all in the engineering field I figured I'd throw out the line.

I'm looking for a Military standard to test products either for full submersibility or for water resistance. I know it exists, but I can't remember the number. I found Mil-Spec STD 810 but I don't think this is the same one i've seen before.

Does anybody know the one I'm looking for? IF so, can you please e-mail me the STD number?

Thanks for the help

Michael
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags