cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

PRT to DXF

Anonymous
Not applicable

PRT to DXF

I have a vendor that wants to use my solid model files that I created in Creo 2.0 for CNC programming. They are requesting the files to be in DXF format. This is the format there software allows them to use. When I convert my 3d Models in PRT format to DXF format, errors occur. I understand I am going from 3d to 2d. Is there a way for me to convert these files to make them work correctly? When I open the DXF files, it looks like the information isnt there. When I convert a basic plate to a DXF file with basic 2d features, it converts fine.

Any help would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bill,

if you open your DXF file in Notepad, you will find strapbill_img_1.png text string inside it. This is an evidence, that you created a drawing containing Shaded view.

If you want to produce correct DXF file, you have to set all drawing views as Hidden, No Hidden or Wireframe.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Anonymous)

You need to add the part to a drawing and then export the drawing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
(To:TomU)

Tom,

I added the part to a drawing and then did not save and exported as a DXF file and when I reopen the file, nothing appears.

Bill

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Did you create drawing views of the part (side, front, top, etc.)? There needs to be some geometry on the drawing before exporting...

Anonymous
Not applicable
(To:TomU)

Yes, We created all of the views.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Are you willing to upload the DXF file?

Bill,

please create test part (simple brick), its drawing and DXF generated from the drawing. Zip these files and upload zip file. Click Use advanced editor link in the upper right corner to get access to Browse button.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Anonymous
Not applicable

Files attached

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Weird. The DXF files definitely do not contain the model.

Attached is a drawing I made and exported using your part.

I'm wondering if there is some config.pro setting that is causing the issue. Can you start Creo without any config.pro (or config.sup) files in the loadpoint, your startup directory, and your home directory and then test again?

Bill,

if you open your DXF file in Notepad, you will find strapbill_img_1.png text string inside it. This is an evidence, that you created a drawing containing Shaded view.

If you want to produce correct DXF file, you have to set all drawing views as Hidden, No Hidden or Wireframe.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Anonymous
Not applicable
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank You!

Additional Part

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags