cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

PTC Creo 2.0 M060 is out!

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

12 REPLIES 12

Only a few days late Time to choke the bit pipeline!

Oh my! Don't go to the update advisor if you're thinking of upgrading to M060. You might change your mind.

I avoided M050 and now the unresolved issues list is even longer. What happened to the code? I thought this list should be getting shorter as the product -matured-, not longer!

Looking forward to your input on stability right here, Rohit.

ha ha ha.....sometimes i feel that we should be allowed at there R&D centres..just to see how come the unresolved issues list gets longer...actually it should be the other way around i guess.

i am ok with M050....till now, unfortunately what ever issues i have reported...none of them have been resolved till M050. . its a slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow process.

and M060 is the last maintenance version i would be able to download..yeah my maintenace gets over at the end of this month .

sure would test it and let you know whether this download is worth it

Antonius Dirriwachter wrote:

I avoided M050 and now the unresolved issues list is even longer. What happened to the code?

I guess the new issues are coming in faster than the existing ones are getting fixed.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Man, that is quite a list, most of them discovered in M050. I wonder how many exist in prior builds and just aren't reported? I would guess that's true of many of them.

PTC doesn't go back to see if the issue effects earlier builds or releases, it simply reports the release & build in which it was discovered.

--
LinkedIn

I think someone scrambled the code back in M030 and it undid a lot of development.

This is just my take on it, mind you. No facts are involved here... but ever since M030 came out, there's been some very suspicious re-emergence of some bugs that seem to go back to Creo 1.0 F001 including some really hard crashes. I am on M040 and a lot of graphic "anomalies" look -very- familiar to the 1st release of Creo 1.0. The kind you don't bother reporting but are very annoying, mostly related to highlighting and selections. These seemed to be fixed by M020; M030 wasn't as noticeable... but in M040, it is very prevalent. That is why I didn't bother with M050. Things were going the wrong way. Now you see why I am looking for input on M060 before installing it.

i think with CREO they did too many things in very short time..otherwise how do you explain soooooo many bugs!...they got to correct this.....they should just totally concentrate on removing as many bugs as possible.

Why this update came out so soon after M050?

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:James62)

So soon? It was 8 weeks. These builds used to come weekly.

--
LinkedIn

Ok, lol... for the count

Sounds like devs used to put in more effort in the past.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:James62)

.....I could have said "Of the closet" but i refrained......

.....for the count.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags