cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

PTC In The Automotive Field

bduncan
15-Moonstone

PTC In The Automotive Field

Does anyone who knows PTC applications in the automotive field?

6 REPLIES 6

Yes, I'm in the automotive field. Mostly chassis, drivetrain components and suspensions for racing and aftermarket.

Kenworth and Peterbilt both use Pro/E. DANA, RedDot and other companies that deal with PACCAR also use Pro/E.

I have a small aftermarket automotive parts business. I use Pro/E.

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:pwyndham)

For car body design, PTC competent it?

its gathered from net!

honda uses catia

toyota ,volvo,caterpillar uses PROE for POWERTRAIN DESIGN AND SYNTHESIS and catia for car body design

according to me PRO/E has very powerful surface design capabilities

design engine education conducts classes in CLASS A AUTOMOTIVE SURFACING in pro/e

Hi Melville,

Let me introduce myself, am Bhargava from India and i am looking for the material for class A Surfacing in Pro/E. I would be glad if you could help me in getting it and I would be happy to be in touch with you in knowledge shearing.

Thankyou

Bhargava

Hi ,Bhargava I have not found material in Pro/E directly on advanced auto surfacing because it involves lot of tricks/experience (washout fillet,3d curve etc..)

the E learning library of Pro/E is good but few things of automotive surfacing is mentioned in book Solidworks surfacing and complex shape modeling Bible by matt lombard (wiley publishers)

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags