Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC has not lost its way; they've lost everything

Highlighted

PTC has not lost its way; they've lost everything

I'm experiencing a great deal of frustration today.......I've had a BUSINESS CRITICAL support case in for ELEVEN days. It took two days to get me the NDA paperwork, only after I asked for it. It took another day after that to get log in info for the secure FTP site. I haven't heard back from the support tech since last Thursday.

I'm speechless, dumbfounded and astounded. I've used VAR's and support on other softwares.....NEVER has it been this bad.....NEVER. This is just LUDICRIOUS.

I copied Lyn Atkinson about this issue as well as Mark Hodges. I swear upon my heart that I will NEVER accept another position in any company that uses PTC products, nor will I ever recommend PTC to any company that I know.

I'm done with PTC. They have shown me nothing but poor and untimely support, with techs that do not know of what they speak, and cannot speak the English language so I can understand them. I am DONE. Stick a fork in me.

Tags (2)
22 REPLIES 22

Re: PTC has not lost its way; they've lost everything

Hi

This is not rare for PTC Support.

One of our Case got resolved after Almost two and half month.

There were more than 5 webex sessions.

But the case was resolved.

All depends how complecated the case is and who is handling the case.

Regards

K.Mahanta

I really don't care if this is rare for PTC support, and please don't take my tone as directed towards you.

This IS rare from other tech support groups I have had the pleasure of working with. Once PTC realizes this, and realizes that customers will leave for better support as well as a company that listens to the users, they will be better off.

So I get a call from a new tech........and he says he has this morning free to work on it.

NO reply from Mark, NO reply from Lyn and NO reply from Harish (tech support manager). No apology, no nothing.

I'm saying no too.

Keep the pressure on but take courage. Consider this though...I have scores (almost 30) of logged SPR's with another CAD company that have not been solved for more than one year. I can contact the VAR but they can't really solve it once it is listed as an SPR and I can't contact the CAD company directly. At least with PTC you can contact them directly.

Just remember that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence...the well known CAD program I am using now is a nightmare for large assemblies and crashes on a regular basis, a problem that Pro/E does not have. No inspite of the shortcomings of tech support I would still take Creo any day.

Anyway take courage

I wouldn't take creo any day, but I'd take Pro/E.

Don,

At the SPR point, your issue has been identified. Your part has been reviewed and while something is broken in the software, at least you know what's going on. You can establish a work around.

At the juncture at which I wrote this, I didn't know what was wrong or why it was taking so long to rectify it. I was up in the air......a proverbial river and no paddle.

I have looked at some of the SPR's for Pro and some have been outstanding for THREE YEARS. That's just nuts.

Heard from Harry and Lyn. Lyn left voicemail at lunch and Harry via email. While I was offered the option of a bi-monthly phone call with Harry to discuss pending critical cases, I didn't feel this was prudent. I haven't put in that many tickets and it wouldn't have been a good use of my time.

I understand what you mean about being at the SPR point. That said I have had calls where the VAR was unable to solve the problem and it took some time to get a response back from the CAD company that actually made the software. The call tracking and logging system that PTC has is vastly superior to the company I am thinking of.

I know that not all SPR's from either PTC or the other company get solved right away...I just say 2 years since most of my SPR's are at that age. I have some that I called in almost 6+ years ago that are still unsolved. I was told that the sqeaky wheel gets the grease so to speak and my particular SPR was not that common. Anyway if you have used other software besides PTC you have a good reference point be it positive or negative. I have used Pro/E/Creo since version 16 and at this point in time find it to be preferable over the nearest competition which I have only used for 3+ years. At this point there seem to be so many bugs in this software (not PTC software) that I don't report them much anymore...I have simply come to grips with the fact that it is buggy most of the time.

Cheers.

Heard from Paul Lenfest, VP of Worldwide Tech Support, this morning. He outlines some additional steps that can be taken to escalate a support case to get the resolution that you feel you deserve.

If you have a case that is not getting the resolution that you feel it should, follow these steps to escalate:

1. If emailing tech engineer, as to have their manager call/ email you
  2. Call the toll free number, press zero, and enter case number. Ask operator to speak to the tech engineering manager for the tech engineer
  3. Log on to the online support site, and in the “Call Tracker” log, there is an escalate button

He mentioned to me that it is very unusual for someone to publically express their dismay in PTC's tech support. I told him that MANY people are dismayed at it; they just do not make it known publically.

Folks, if you want change, you have to ask for it; demand it sometimes. I'm not one to have our company pay for a maintenance package and then receive inferior support. Take PTC to task if you feel that you are not getting what you need.

I also had an email from Mark Hodges this morning, stating that this would be taken up with the support management team and they would let me know the outcome.