cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Premature exits in sketcher mode

dthornton
5-Regular Member

Premature exits in sketcher mode

I have 2 designers who while editing dimensions in sketcher mode, keep getting dumped out of ProE. This does not appear to be a system wide problem as the other designers are not facing the same problem. Has anyone else seen this? I'm currently searching thru the knowledge base and appreciate any comments. Thanks, David
4 REPLIES 4

Hey David you can add this issue to the already long list of premature exits event report in the topic called: Premature exit (the sum of all fears). There many users have reported similar crash events and some sort of solutions found by them, eventually the only thing in common is that no one has received a successful answer/support from ptc. This premature exit kind of problems usually take too long from ptc to solve them, because they must be able to reproducte and duplicate the event in their Work Station, in order to work for a solution, otherwise the situation is reported as a consequence of external agents (hardware, video card/drivers, mouse, OS, etc). Anyway, have you been able to identuy a common task or event before pro/e exits? a specific sketch operation, zooming, pannig, rotating, inserting shared data, etc?, just trying to run thin the list of possible internal agents.
dthornton
5-Regular Member
(To:ClaudioStammitt)

Hi Claudio, It seems to happen when actually being inside sketcher mode and editing a dimension. When querying the model, he can select a feature and then a dimension, double click to edit it, change it, and it regens fine. He can select that same feature, edit defination and go into sketcher mode, edit the dimension and it dumps him out. Thanks for the reply. I'm still reading thru the LONG event report looking for ideas and any suggestions. -David

"Claudio Stammitti" wrote:

Hey David you can add this issue to the already long list of premature exits event report in the topic called: Premature exit (the sum of all fears). There many users have reported similar crash events and some sort of solutions found by them, eventually the only thing in common is that no one has received a successful answer/support from ptc. This premature exit kind of problems usually take too long from ptc to solve them, because they must be able to reproducte and duplicate the event in their Work Station, in order to work for a solution, otherwise the situation is reported as a consequence of external agents (hardware, video card/drivers, mouse, OS, etc). Anyway, have you been able to identuy a common task or event before pro/e exits? a specific sketch operation, zooming, pannig, rotating, inserting shared data, etc?, just trying to run thin the list of possible internal agents.

i just posted a similar problem. i noticed it only exits the program when i turn off weak dimensions and then go to try edit a strong dimension.

Try to update the graphic driver to a certified version.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags