cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Pro/E Model Viewer

JoeGarcia
1-Newbie

Pro/E Model Viewer

I have a scenario where some of my engineers have a need to view pro/e models that are sent to them from vendors. Is there a viewer that is available to be to view such models. They don't want to modify anything in the model the just want to get a glimpse/view of what models they are receiving.
11 REPLIES 11

Joe This should work for you http://www.ptc.com/products/productview/express Eric

Or ask the vendors to send you iges,step, etc.

Thanks for the link. As I understand it, this viewer will enable people who do not have pro/e installed on their machines to view Pro/E Models only? Does this viewer also open .iges/.stl files?

What software do you use for cad?

Were using Wildfire 4.0. But The only reason I asked my previous question is because we get vendors who send us .iges/.stl files but alot of time our engineers are on the road and can't view those files because they don't have pro/e or any other CAD software installed onto their systems.

maybe have vendor save as PDF 3D and open in adobe

Joe I believe the other person replying to your post is leading you down the wrong path. The product view express is free and will work without Pro-E being loaded on the machine. Product View will not open iges or step models. Best of Luck Eric

Hey Eric, Good catch! I too, was getting the feeling that other person was not understanding what my question was. In regards to your response, is there a generic viewer that can open .iges/.stl files?

Joe At one time there were a couple of free viewers on the market for several file types. I would say that I don't know of a viewer (free) that will all that has been posted on this subject. There are a couple of not free products that will cover many file types, but if I was in your position, I would decide if my users needed to open something outside of a Pro-E model. The more expensive versions of Product view can handle other file types. Your post asked for Pro-E models in the beginning. Eric

Eric, Thanks for the reply. I think your right I will need to investigate the other versions of ProductView and see if they will meet my need. Joe

"Joe Garcia" wrote:

I have a scenario where some of my engineers have a need to view pro/e models that are sent to them from vendors. Is there a viewer that is available to be to view such models. They don't want to modify anything in the model the just want to get a glimpse/view of what models they are receiving.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags