cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Pro/E WF4 and Teamcenter - Migrating from Windchill 9.1

dsenchuk
1-Newbie

Pro/E WF4 and Teamcenter - Migrating from Windchill 9.1

Not long ago our headquarters decided to change the enterprise PDM system from Intralink3.4 to Teamcenter. They did this for nearly all the satellite sites as well, with the exception of the facility I'm at. However, we are scheduled to migrate our datain the near future as well (Windchill 9.1 to Teamcenter).

Recently I've heard some comments from one of the other satellite sites that are causing some concern. Theproblems appear to be significant both in terms of severity and quantity. I've also heard of some of the trials and tribulations that CAT went through in their attempt to use Teamcenter along with Pro/E, which does not paint a pretty picture.

My question to the usergroup is this; Does anyone have experience with a Teamcenter-Pro/E integration and what are the major pitfalls and/or benefitsto look out for?

Please be specific; replies of "it sucks" or "it integrates flawlessly", while valid opinions, don't really explain the reason behind the opinion.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Here are the biggest points to keep in mindwhen going from Intralink to Teamcenter:

#1- Performance is slower with Teamcenter - Queries, opening and saving ProE files to the databasewill all beslower.

#2- Teamcenter does not offer the real time local workspace status monitoringthat Intralink does - In order to find out ifyour localcopy is out of date, you mustmanually query the database.

#3 - Teamcenter is moreprone to open and save errors(most commonly sloppydata management by the user)

#4 -Loss ofthe duplication ability that existswithin an Intralink Workspace

Bottom line:Teamcenter can handle ProE data management. It's just slower and not as full featured as Intralink/Windchill.... Teamcenter is getting better and improving with each release, therefore, theseissues should lessen over time.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags