cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Pro/E temporary hang on startup

JoeH
1-Newbie

Pro/E temporary hang on startup

We have Pro/E (WF2 M280) installed on a Windows server. We map a drive to this share and run Pro/E (and other PTC apps) from this mapped drive.

In the last few months, we have been experiencing occasional periods of time where Pro/E will hang at the splash screen. This phenomenon lasts for 30 - 90 minutes.

During this period, anyone who tries to launch Pro/E will experience the same hang. When whatever is blocking the launch free itself, all of the attempted launches of Pro/E will complete.

If we attempt to launch a different version of Pro/E (WF4, WF2 M220, ??) these versions will launch. Users who already have Pro/E launched are unaffected.

I have checked event logs on the server and clients. I checked the task manager on the server and clients. I can find nothing.

Has anyone seen this problem? Any solutions?

Thank you,

Joe Haines
Engineering Systems
CNH America LLC
500 Diller Ave
MS 640
New Holland, PA 17557
-<">mailto:->
Desk (717) 355-3699
Cell (717) 371-3471
FX (717) 355-4091

2 REPLIES 2
Dmi3U
15-Moonstone
(To:JoeH)

Do you have virus scan or any kind of security apps that might block it?

In Reply to Joe Haines:
We have Pro/E (WF2 M280) installed on a Windows server. We map a drive to this share and run Pro/E (and other PTC apps) from this mapped drive.

In the last few months, we have been experiencing occasional periods of time where Pro/E will hang at the splash screen. This phenomenon lasts for 30 - 90 minutes.

During this period, anyone who tries to launch Pro/E will experience the same hang. When whatever is blocking the launch free itself, all of the attempted launches of Pro/E will complete.

If we attempt to launch a different version of Pro/E (WF4, WF2 M220, ??) these versions will launch. Users who already have Pro/E launched are unaffected.

I have checked event logs on the server and clients. I checked the task manager on the server and clients. I can find nothing.

Has anyone seen this problem? Any solutions?

Thank you,

Joe Haines
Engineering Systems
CNH America LLC
500 Diller Ave
MS 640
New Holland, PA 17557
-<
Desk (717) 355-3699
Cell (717) 371-3471
FX (717) 355-4091

I would ask my server admin what is the timeout for virus scan on the server. If it were 30-90 minutes, I would think the culprit is identified.
I often see my client side VS time out on large zip files (from ptc.com ....) and after a while it gives up and stops scanning. I see this behavior especially when I copy my tailored install zip file from a file share to a client workstation, though I think ours gives up after 3 minutes or so.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags