cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Problem to shell , Probleme beim schalen

Starmbi
1-Newbie

Problem to shell , Probleme beim schalen

Hello!

I have some experience with other Cad (ViaCad), but i am a beginner with PTC Creo Elements. Here is my first model:

Photometer.jpg

If I try to shell it with a hole in the marked position (coloured ring in the picture), I get the message:

Bei Erstellung der Schale wurde(n) 8 Fläche(n) gelöscht. Es wurde ein zusätzliches Flächenteil erstellt. Sie können es u. U. zum manuellen Erstellen eines Schalenteils verwenden, oder Sie ermitteln die Problembereiche im Originalteil.

So I have no hole and i am not able to make one.

In ViaCad I make one click an it is shelled.

For me, it seems to be a very simple modell for shelling.

What goes wrong?

Pleas look at my model in the atachment.

Thanks for help

Stefan

6 REPLIES 6

Hello. May be you try to create shell with too large wall thickness? Try my part from archive. My Creo version is CREO 2.0 M120.

Just info ...

Stefan is not using Creo Parametric. He is probably using Creo Elements Direct (file with .se2 extension).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hello,

yes, Martin is right.

I am wrong here?

Stefan

Stefan,

you have opened this discussion in Creo family area.

I suggest you to open in Creo Elements/Direct area once again.

Use the following link to reach Creo Elements/Direct area.

http://communities.ptc.com/community/creo-elements-direct?view=discussions

Good luck

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:Starmbi)

I've been having shell issues, and offset surface issues with geometry I know should work. It seems creo is not as robust in this respect compared to earlier versions of Pro/E, kind of maddening.....

I've had trouble shelling objects that use continuous curvature rounds. Similar with thickening when used on quilts.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags